Monday, October 22, 2007

I am a Mother!!!

"You can't possibly do this alone, but you do have help. The Master of Heaven and Earth is there to bless you.... Rely on Him. Rely on Him heavily. Rely on him forever." -Jeffrey R. Holland. This was quoted in the book, 'I am a Mother' by Jane Clayson Johnson. I highly recommend it.

Well today, I got up, got the kids off to school, (ok, John did that) fed Brigham, changed his diaper, and took a shower, got Lydia ready, and then fed Brigham again. John came home to watch the kids while I went to the grocery store to buy food to fix four dinners tonight. Michelle, Maryann, a friend and I made four dinners of the same thing and then divided them up among each other, so I won't have to cook this week!!!! Well, it is evening, we just ate, the kids are doing their homework, we will read our books and have family home evening which I am not prepared for. We need to take treats to two neighbors, because we got spooked and have to spread the halloween cheer. My kitchen looks like I made four meals, and well that's my job, I am a mother.

I have to thank my mom, she is my inspiration and my strength. She came to my house for five days when Brigham was born, and she didn't stop. She found something to do every minute. She brought cute activities for my older kids, and my house never looked better. My husband has been so awesome, he helps so much with the kids, and is always wanting to give me a break. My sisters, Lauralee, Michelle, Maryann, and sister-in-law Laurie cleaned my house spotless, of course they did it with 12 kids running around too. Maryann is such a motivater, she motivates me all the time. I love talking to Lar on the phone, she is such a fun mom. Michelle, well she could be my mom too. She just sees what needs to be done and does it. She is so mothering, and is just like my mom, just always doing something for someone else to lighten their load as if her load is not heavy enough (owner of a spa, mother of 3, young women's leader, and wife of the 2nd counselor). Well, my kids just informed me that we have a neighborhood block party. Looks like plans have changed, that's what is fun about being a mom, it is never ever boring!!!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

You are all amazing and I look up to you all so much! Could anyone have better cousins? I don't think so. Congrats on Brigham, can't wait to see him!

Cameron and Michelle said...

Don't let leanne fool you she was back walking with us this morning with Brigham (3 weeks old today) and then came cut and colored Maryann's hair short-it's sooo cute! I should have gotten a pic. i will try tomorrow. Oh she cut cam's hair too. Leanne cut and colored my hair when trey was 1 1/2 weeks old. (short) I love it! She is sooo talented. My friend asked me if there is anything she can't do. If anything Leanne puts up with me the most because I think I know it all sometimes-not always. She humors me and allows me to be me. Also just come and look at my house-you will see real fast that we are juggling a lot and a lot doesn't get done. If anyone has more than 2 kids and are under 6 please any advice to make life easier would be appreciated-I think we will all end up with short hair. that would be my first advice. I am really loving this food group! Last night we ate Leanne's yummy soup in a bun, tonight Maryann's chicken enchiladas, tomorrow my hawaiian haystacks and thurs my friend danny's chimmy chungas (sp?) Anyway Leanne I love you and am sooo fortunate to have you close. Thank you

Cameron and Michelle said...

when i said walking-it sounded like a walk in the park-she did 5 1/2 miles and jogged a lot of it! We don't waste our time-it's all about getting a workout and if we get to talk a little great.

Josie said...

Hi Leanne! I loved your comments on your blog about being a mother. It's so funny I humor myself thinking that I'm just like you guys but let's be honest...I have one 2 year old. That's it. So why do I feel so busy and crazy all the time? :) So glad you're doing well and glad I got to see Little Brigham before I didn't come down for a while!

Lisa said...

I love this post! I'd been thinking about getting this book, and now I'm going to! When I think back about your mom, I don't think ever has ever stopped! You and your sisters sound like such fun moms and it helps to read how much you enjoy it when I have those 'nothing goes right' days.

I figured I'd send you my e-mail, then we can communicate "off blog" too. funmama AT gmail