Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Major CATCHUP

ok, this is going to be LoNNNg........... so be prepared! As many of you know, our lap top hit the dust, and I lost lots of pictures from it, I'm still hoping and praying my brother-in-law may be able to save it. So now I have decided that I am going to keep up on my blogs, because a lot of those pictures are on this blog. Here is a recap of our last month or so...........We had Thanksgiving at my mom and dad's and every year I decorate my mom's house for Christmas for her, cause I love to do it. This year, Michelle and I were at Roberts, and Michelle saw a cowboy Christmas tree, and we both loved it.(my mom is a total cowgirl) We called my mom up and asked her if she wanted to do a cowboy Christmas theme. She loved it, and couldn't believe we were letting her do it. Here is her finished Christmas tree, and yes there is my mom's cowboy boot in the tree.
and her banister


Thanksgiving was so nice, we spent it at my mom's and some of mom's brother's(Richard, Bob, Brian, Greg). Mom always loves to get the quartet stuff out and play, I'm glad my cello that I bought and used once got used by Bob this year. I stick to the violin, so much easier:)


Me, Brigham, and GRANDPA JOHNSON, what a handsome guy he is!


Payton played tackle football this year, and it was so much fun for him, but by the time November hit, I was so ready to be done. (his practices were Tues, Wed, and Thurs 5:30-7:30, and games on Saturday). I asked him on his last week, if he was ready for it to end, and he said, "No way, I love football!" He did really well. His team was really big, two more kids, and they would have split it, so he only played defense. He is a perfectionist, and always had his eye on the ball.




This is a picture at his last game, his team won the championship!!!



Here is his first trophy, he is so proud of it!

The night before Halloween, Payton did not have a costume, so guess what mom did til 2 in the morning! He just never could pick, and I guess I was kind of hoping maybe he'd choose to be a football player:) I told him that I would paint a skeleton on his black ninja clothes, and he liked it. I started to paint it, and like I said, "Payton is a perfectionist", he was critiquing me like crazy, "um, mom.... the skeleton's ribs are supposed to get smaller towards the bottom.....um, mom....do you know how many bones to paint.... um, mom...." I finally sent him to bed. In the morning, I got him up, and I looked him in the eye, and I said, "Payton, I was up til 2 am painting, and I don't care if you think this is the ugliest costume in the world, after you see it, the only words I want to hear are, 'I love it'. " He looked at it, gave me a hug, and said, "thanks mom, I love it." I think he enjoyed wearing it especially after getting his face painted!


Marcus wanted to be spiderman, I just couldn't get myself to buy a spiderman costume when Bryson had one he could wear, but with no mask, so I asked him if I could paint his face, and he loved it. I decided to dress up at the last minute, because Marcus said he really wanted to see dad and mom dress up, I'll have to work on John next year:)


Brigham was a puppy in the morning, and a dinosaur at night, he hated the puppy ears!

Brig's 1st birthday pics I never got up, or did I? Actually I think I did steal this pic off of Michelle's blog and post it......oh well, he's so darn cute no one will mind.

Some of his cousins, he was really unsure the whole night


Payton gave me the idea for his cake.














7 comments:

Sharp family said...

I wondered were you have been, but really who am I to talk! :) Love the Halloween costume!! I hope you are having a Fantastic Holiday Season!! Merry Christmas!

Josh and Michele said...

Don't you hate losing pictures....it is the sickest feeling. Glad your back blogging. Hope everything is going good for you guys.

Barlow and Lannie said...

Your back! I love your mom's
Christmas tree. You guy's did a great job! Now you need to do mine. :) Merry Christmas!

Annalyn said...

Such a fun catch up post! I'm sad we missed seeing you at Thanksgiving...but I'm so excited to see you after Christmas - thanks again for the fun Twilight night!

Nicole said...

Glad your back...it's been a while. Your kids are all getting so big and I loved the skeleton costume. Good job!!!

Jeanine said...

Great post! Looking forward to seeing all the Meacham clan at the after-Christmas party! :)

lauraleereber said...

You are soooo creative. Moms tree looks so cute. Im excited to see it all at christmas. When I talked to Mom on the phone, she was so excited about her decorations. Good Job!!