Monday, October 27, 2008

LAKE POWELL .....one month late

So these pictures may be old, but I want this trip documented, because it was so much fun! It was a little frustrating at first, because it was a hard time for John and I. John was coaching the freshman football team, and was not going to miss a game! We were going all the way to bullfrog (5 1/2 hours away verses 2 hours to Lone Rock for us). So, I did not want to wait for John to get done with his Thursday night game, and only be there for two days. I wanted to go for the whole week. Well it worked out. Maryann and I went with our kids on Tuesday. I was able to arrange for Brigham to be babysat in the day, and have John bring him with him on Thursday. It was just wonderful to have Wednesday and Thursday to just relax without having to take care of a baby. I didn't realize how wonderful it was until John, Clayton(Maryann's husband), and Brigham came late Thursday night(actually early Friday morning). This is our campsite. It was very private, and so peaceful~~~

Nobody mentioned the little scare mom gave us. My mom is so healthy and strong, so when she got sick on Saturday night, it made us all so nervous and scared. She was playing with the kids on the back of the houseboat, dipping them in and out of the water, when she sat down, she felt shortness of breath. She thought to herself, she was too young to have a heart attack.....We were so lucky to have a doctor on board, Travis tended to her, and after an hour or so, she was starting to feel better, but insisted she go to the nearest clinic and have blood work done. Everything turned out to be ok, but it sure made me realize how much I love my mom!

I don't know if you can see Marcus' smile, but this smile was on him all week!


So Brigham was at a hard age, he was not comfortable walking, so he crawled all over, got so dirty, and put everything in his mouth!



He was trying to hard to hit the ball with the racket!




here is Ken, I mean Greg(Nice hair)!


NICE CHRIS!


The kids, and this is not all of them, there is 6 missing!


Lydia and Trey


Payton got up on the wakeboard, but would never stand up, I remember when I first got up on skis( I was eight), I never stood up either, I skied the whole loop in a squat.



Chris and Laurie catching some rays





Surfing was a fun thing to try. This is Payton and John.





These are my favorite pictures of the kids going off of the slide.











and Cam





























Brigham really hated wearing the life jacket and didn't care to be on the boat much.














The air chair........John tried so hard to do it, he was up for a couple of seconds, it looked very difficult, but this is Travis showing off his back flip. That's all folks, sorry so late!

















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is fun to relive the trip. Good pictures.

Annalyn said...

I have seen some of these on your other siblings blog - so much fun!! Do you guys do a family trip every year? Did someone have the in for the houseboat? I can't believe though that those newborns were there, how brave of Michelle and Laur!!

Ruth Ann said...

Hi Leanne! Your kids are so cute and your trip to Lake Powell looks like it was so much fun! You are a good blogger! I finally put some new stuff on my blog...just thought you might want to know. By the way, great job on your 20miler!!!

Quiggle said...

What a fun trip! I haven't been to Lake Powell since I was a kid. I love it.
Your family pictures are beautiful.

Laurie said...

Now it seems like it's been forever since we were there! Was it really only a month ago? It was so fun....

I love the action shots coming off the slide.

Cindy said...

Once Lake Powell gets in your blood...its all over. The Lake will call to you every summer from this moment on!! I love Lake Powell!! Kids love Lake Powell!! Who doesnt love Lake Powell. I wish summer would return...NOW!!!