Sunday, December 14, 2008

What has kept me up at night



I'm not sure what it is, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS. A couple of months ago I got called to be the Primary Chorister in our ward(my FAVORITE calling). I knew that the Primary was in charge of an evening for a Nativity, so immediately I started planning. I started out just putting the program together, and I think I really started to make the Primary President nervous, because I tend to go ALL OUT!:)
So for the last week this has been on my mind constantly, and for the last three nights, I have gotten 4 to 5 hours a night of sleep. I have been up making signs and a folder for myself, thinking and thinking again of whatever would help this go smoothly. It was set up as a medley, so there was really no stopping, we went from one song to another, and the kids had to be ready for their part.
Of course if anyone has heard Payton sing, I had to have him sing a solo. He sang the first verse of, "When Joseph went to Bethlehem", and the Shepherds sang the 2nd, and he sang the third. Well when it came to his part, he had to get to the microphone that was on the stage, and Joanne (our pianist) played the introduction, and then started playing the song, well I don't think she noticed Payton didn't start with her, but he jumped right in and sung, 'When Joseph' real fast to catch up. I was so proud, he has a beautiful voice, he counts really well, and really has a feel for music.
I had a cute 3(Breele), 5(Jara), and 6(Ethan) year old sing Silent Night, and everyone that had parts were so good, they knew exactly when to come in, and it was just perfect. The spirit was so strong, and I honestly can say I know good music is so important in our children's lives, and I KNOW that it will and can strengthen testimony, because my heart is burning tonight.
I am sick I didn't take picture of the stage, so if ANYONE took any kind of pictures I want some please, and I wish I had someone video it. We had an awesome manger that Cam (my brother-law) made, and a stable on the stage, and a big star above the manger. While the children sang, "Picture a Christmas", the angels, wise men, shepherds, Joseph and Mary all came out on stage as we sang about them.

6 comments:

Annalyn said...

Oh - this looks so wonderful! I will have to keep this in the archives in case I EVER get that calling (I would be scared to death).

Andrea said...

It was wonderful Leanne! Music is a wonderful thing and brings the spirit so quickly. Thank you for sharing your talents with my kids.

Josh and Michele said...

Wow! It sounds like things went perfectly. I love it that you are the primary choister again. I think you are perfect for the job, the kids are lucky to have you.

Ruth Ann said...

Sounds like a great program Leann! I had the primary kids do a nativity for our ward again this year, too. Ours was not as elaborate as yours, but somehow the children re-enacting the scene with music really does bring the spirit. Plus the kids are so cute and proud of themselves! I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas! Will you be in American Fork at all over the school break?

Kris E. said...

You are amazing! I wouldn't want to go anywhere near that calling... lol I'm so glad it went well. That is really great!

-Kris-

Haley said...

it sounds sooo wonderful! I wish i could have been there to hear and see the children. Music is amazing isnt it! It is soo powerful!! I bet you are the best Primary choirster yet! Love ya