Saturday, February 23, 2008

Memory lane.....

Trey and Lydia, "Best Friends" This was taken last year
Last year also, Lydia loves her aunt Michelle
Classic picture, if you notice that Darth Mole has his eyes locked on Marcus. Marcus is slowly standing up, and then runs to his dad.
Lydia and Grandma Kemp last year
Jason and his daughter Haley. They live in China now. This was taken over a year ago
Kemp family
Last year in the snow at Grandmas
I love having a girl!!!
Classic mom laugh, I love Maryann's look, oh how we LOVE our mom.

Ok, so much has happened, I have some really cute pictures from our fun weekend up north, I'll post them later when I can get them on my computer. I love going home, and I love the snow. We went up for John's sister's baby shower, and to see John's brother Jason before he went back to China. His family is living there for a year while they both teach English, and what an amazing experience they are having. John wanted to come back home Saturday night, and I just wanted to hang out at my mom and dad's house on Sunday. So, because Monday was Presidents day, I told John that we should take the boys snow skiing on Monday. I was so excited because he agreed, and so I got to stay and hang out with my family all day Sunday. Jordan and Jemma were there with their cute little dog while Chris and Laurie were in San Diego, so the kids had a blast, and I got some cute pictures, I will put them up as soon as I can. Skiing with the boys was so much fun. Although, John surprisingly (I thought I was the most patient person, until I became a mom) was so much more patient with the boys than I was, I was so nervous that they were going to get hurt, I babied them a little too much, so we took turns skiing with Marcus, then Payton. John had them snow plowing by themselves everytime he took them. I skiied with them in between my legs, or holding on to my pole. After lunch we took them to the big lift, and they went down great, Payton got so comfortable, he started singing while he snow plowed down the big hill. They did great for their first time, I loved the whole day.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Love all the photos, esp. you and Lydia in the photo booth.

It would have been really fun to join you on the slopes! (We were spending the day on the beach.) What a fun thing to do. The kids were happy you were around for the weekend.

Josie said...

Such cute pictures! I'm glad you had such a good weekend. I've lived in Utah my whole life and never been skiing. Maybe one day? Thank you again so much for cutting elle's hair. It lays so much better and looks so cute on her. I keep thinking what can I do for Michelle and Leanne? You guys always do so much for me and I never do anything for you guys. I need a talent. I'll try to come up with one soon:) See you next time and thanks again.

Quiggle said...

I love the little pics of you and Lydia! They are so cute.