Sunday, February 10, 2008

I''ve been tagged....but first.....

Wow, what a weekend. Laur came to visit on Tuesday night.... Wednesday, we went to Michelle's and tried to see what she was having with her ultrasound machine...Laur and Michelle are both having boys unless we were looking at the umbilicle cord. Thursday we all(Mares, Michelle, Laur and I ) walked the stop sign. I hope Laur posts the picture she took with all of us and our kids that we try to bundle up and keep happy for two hours. Lydia was horrible on Tuesday, she was so cold, but would not keep her hands and feet covered, so after many times of telling her she would not get to go to Michelle's house (her favorite place to go after we walk), I let her walk for the last 1/2 mile. So I kept to my word and did not let her go to Michelle's. Well on Thursday, she was an angel, she layed back and kept herself covered, and when we were almost done, she turned around and asked me, "Are you going to let me go to Brielle's?" Soooo cute. On Friday we went swimming, the kids had a blast, and we got babysitters and went to see '27 dresses' on Friday night. Since I am still in this weight loss contest, I was really trying to be good, I bought Mike 'n Ike's for John, and told myself I wasn't going to eat one, I kept remembering what my mom said to me..."You remember what they taste like." and I didn't have one, it was a proud moment. We went to Bajio after, and John wasn't that hungry, so we shared a salad. Saturday, we ran the stop sign with only 3 kids, I love to run with my sisters. It was so fun to have Laur and her kids here that long, she just like my mom always cleaning, I just woke up and found my kids bathroom scrubbed, thanks Laur. We were constantly feeding little ones, but the kids were so thrilled to have their cousins here. Well, today my mom sent Valentine's cookies with Travis and I'm sorry I had no will power with them I know what they taste like and I wasn't willing to not taste them, lots of them....YUMMY! Thanks mom
Ok here's the questions for the tag:
10 years ago......I was 21, I was still dating a boyfriend from High School, an on and off, and on and off relationship that was not going anywhere, he was a great guy, and fun to hang out with, but I think we both knew that we were not going to get married, so the day before Valentine's we talked and decided to end it,(truth be known it was his idea to end it, but I knew it was right to end) and I am forever grateful, because I met my husband that same year 5 months later. I remember....I know this is silly, but true, so I'm going to write it anyway so I never forget.....I was praying because although I knew it was the right thing for our relationship to end, it still was frustrating, and I remember feeling so peaceful, and I felt so strongly that I had not yet met my husband, I got a small glimpse of him in my mind. Well I got set up on a blind date, and didn't want to go because I was going back to school, and thought I wanted to find my husband, but when John showed up to my door, I answered it and knew he was the one. We were married the next March.
Things on my to do list....tomorrow, I've got to get up and run the stop sign.....plan Marcus' school Valentine's party....plan my meal for the week, and buy the groceries(four of us make four meals, and swap)....plan Weeblos den meeting.....help Michelle plan her awesome fun Valentine's dinner(let you know more later)......get rid of all of my left over pregnancy clothes, and get my closet organized.....get caught up on laundry.....pay my bills......start on my curtains.......organize Lydia's closet(she just got a box of clothes from Brielle)......sneak in some time to read Twilight (ok, I gave in and started reading today)......buy something for John for Valentine's day.....does the list ever end, of course I will probably only get 2 or 3 things done on this list and then it will carry over the next day.
Snacks I enjoy..... I love cadbury creme eggs,... I love caramel apples with white chocolate and cinnamon,... I love homemade caramel,....I love a cold orange cut up in slices...... I love.....I'm trying to think of something healthy......my snacks lately because of the contest have been....yogurt thick and creamy.......100 calorie kettle corn popcorn......lots and lots of ice water.......a sweet potatoe cooked in the microwave.
What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire.... I would buy a house with a swimming pool in the backyard, and a basketball court in the basement, I would have a guest house also, I would have someone deep clean my house once a week, I would travel, I would have a vacation home somewhere on a lake(preferably Priest Lake)....I would buy a house boat on Lake Powell...I would buy my parents a home right next to mine that had a beautiful barn and lots of horses and hired help.
3 of my bad habits...... I bite my nails.....I am a procrastinator.....I flick my kids way too much.
5 places I have lived..... AF, Lehi, Ogden, Washington Utah, and now Ivins.
5 jobs I have had..... How could I forget Bayside Bagels, my family loved it because I brought home bags of bagels everytime I worked. I worked in Wyoming at Turpin Meadows Ranch, and cleaned cabins, did dishes and entertained guests with the fiddle. I worked at Fine Print in Ogden, I liked the printing business. Madison Salon and Chloe's Salon (both names I wanted to name my girls).
5 things people might not know about me..... In school, I was voted 'Class Clown', 'biggest sluffer', and was also voted 'Best Legs'. I regretfully got out of class a lot because I came up with excuses, I used my innocent personality to convince teachers, like being on the volleyball team and leaving when they had an away game........I am not proud, I still made the honor role though. I have no idea how I got best legs, I hate my legs, I have big ankles, my husband's are smaller than mine I swear. Before I was married, I went on 30 blind dates( go figure I met my husband on one). I have had hearing loss all my life, but didn't get hearing aids until I was 22(too proud ) because of my pride, I lived in a quiet world. I transferred out of my neighbors honors english class because I didn't want to say I couldn't hear her. I couldn't hear most of my teachers, so I did a lot of catching up at home. I could never hear my Sunday school teachers, and at sleepovers, I would pretend I was asleep when the lights went out because I couldn't hear whispers. How I would love to go back and not be embarrassed about something so dumb. So if I seemed stuck up, I wasn't , I just couldn't hear. Is that 5?

I tag my sisters and my mom, Laurie, Ruthann, and Lannie!!!!! How many can I tag?

5 comments:

claytonandmaryannyates said...

that was really fun to read, thanks. you are really just an awesome person i'm proud to say that YOU'RE my sister. i liked your billion dollar things that sounds exactly like you. Love ya

Laurie said...

I love reading your posts. Sounds like you all had fun with Laur & kids there.

Sharp family said...

That was so fun to read! Your such a sluffer! I had to say that because I was so the same way oops! We could of sluffed together if you were at the right school :)!!! Thanks for doing your tag!
Becca

Annalyn said...

You are so good at journaling everything! Sounds like you are doing awesome at the Biggest Loser! And you are starting Twilight...I've got to hear more!! You are so lucky to have your sisters around you - and to have Laur visit...what a cherished memory!

Heidi said...

That was a fun tag! I loved reading about you... I like that most of it sounded familiar. I know you pretty well i think. However, it's been way to long since we have seen you!