Sunday, February 3, 2008

My support group

On Saturday, I woke up, and because I am competing in a Biggest Loser contest, I knew I had to exercise, and I DID NOT WANT TO! John told me that he would come with me, and so we packed up the kids, and drove up to the stop sign trail.
Payton rode his bike, and John pushed Lydia and Brig.

I pushed Marcus in the stroller(his bike had another flat!). It was good because he was able to ride the bike when Payton got tired. The kids know I am in the contest, and they keep asking when I'm going to win the $1000(they each have a toy in mind :)). The highlight of my day was when Marcus turned around and said,"Mom you're getting so skinny."



We made it up to Galloot(3 miles up), and we all ran up the red rock. Snow Canyon is so beautiful.


John and Lydia


I know that everyone got a lot of snow up North, so this is nothing, but there was enough to have a snowball fight, and the kids were satisfied.


As Marcus was running up the rock I heard him say, "This is the best day ever!" We ran down the mountain, and at the end Marcus fell and hurt his knee, and then he said,"This is the worst day ever." We can never win.
We had a wonderful time, and I burned 950 calories! :) I have a post on my daily efforts below if you want to read, I have learned a lot doing this contest, and if it wasn't a competition, I don't know if I would be able to do this every day, hopefully I am forming habits.






5 comments:

Laurie said...

WOW, SNOW!!

What a great support group you have!

Josh and Michele said...

18 pounds! Holy Crap! I really need to get off my couch more often. How are you counting your calories? I am completly stupid in this area.

Sharp family said...

I would love to know how you count your calories to.. anyway, I had to tell you good luck with the scouts, I have done that and that is a big job! I am sure you do so good with them AND 18 pds? YOUR ROCK!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Oh, you are awesome! Way to go on your dedication...
Im so glad they sent you a new swing! I think its the one to get for sure...do you like the colors? Is it pretty soft? And can you use it until Brig is older?

LACY said...

Hey! It was fun to see you and I thought you looked amazing! I don't know why you are in that contest! Good luck though.