Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Why we moved South

In August, we will have lived here for 3 years. Boy the time has flown!!!!! Three years ago, we packed up and moved South, and a lot of people thought we were crazy. Since Cam and Michelle started Fitness Ridge(used to be The Body Shop Spa), I wanted to move down here, but I didn't think John would ever move to here. But three years ago, John came to me and said he felt he needed to quit his job, and look for something else, he agreed on coming here and talking to Michelle, Cam, and their business partner Tami. I remember the day, it was 118 degrees, and I remember thinking that I would love to move here and be closer to my sister, but I wanted it to be good for John. He was coaching at American Fork,( a hobby he absolutely loved), he really enjoyed living in American Fork, and always complained about the heat when we came down here to visit. Well, after he talked with them, he was excited, and he told me he loved what they were doing, and wanted to be a part of it, so within a week, he was working for them. John has worked really hard, and he really enjoys it at Fitness Ridge. He is the person people talk to when they call and book their stay. He is able to be reached at any time, and I can't tell you how many times we have been in the car, and John has said, "Quiet!! Dad's on the phone." The kids are actually quiet, why can't I do that? Anyway, it has been a wonderful 3 years, and the last year has been so exciting since the big article in USA today(click here to read) and then the big national exposure on Biggest Loser when a weeks stay at Fitness Ridge was the prize for the challenge (click here to watch the challenge from the show). Then Michelle told me to read this article from Laura (a lady from Access Hollywood who recently came to Fitness Ridge for a week) click here to read. I finally read it today. It took me a while to read this article, because Michelle didn't make a big deal of it, that's just her personality, she is not at all bragadocious, so I will be for her.:) Her partner Tami came to her 5 years ago with an idea, they had an opportunity to start something that a lot of people would have turned away from because of fear of failure, now look what it has become, I think it is incredible. I am so proud of John, he is truly a man of integrity, and humility, he works hard, and so many times guest will tell me how kind and helpful he is. Since all this exposure, now I really don't see John, he is so so so so so busy, but I know he loves what he does, and he loves what he is selling, and believes in it. Fitness Ridge is for everyone, those who want to lose weight, get in better shape, eat better, live healthier, and do something good for their body. Ok, now I'm selling it. :) There you have it, now we will raise our family here. I love it!!!

11 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so glad I read that article. I always thought Fitness Ridge was for totally out of shape or terribly overweight people. I would love to come after my baby. I can't remember the last time I felt in good shape, probably high school. We are moving back in a couple months. Maybe me and my out of shape pregnant body can have a go at the stop sign with you sometime.

The Crocketts said...

Very well put. Thanks for your tips! I doubled my workout today and BOY do I feel it! I also watched my calories and realized how much "grabbing" I had been doing. Grabbing some nuts, grabbing some raisins, grabbing some chips. I never really thought about it until I started counting today. Thanks!

Emily said...

Hi! Jessica told me how cute your website was and told me to check it out. Where did you find that cute layout?

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for your comments, you make a parent proud!!! We love all of you and thank Heavenly Father for letting us be a part of your life. We thank him for eternal life.

Heidi said...

I hope one day we join you down there. I am so ansy to move south as well. I do'nt know if it will ever happen, but it might. What a great decision and example of how the Lord directs our lives if we let him. love you guys

dani said...

Iam so happy you two families are in our lives. You have been wonderful friends that really do so much for everyone thank you.

Laurie said...

I really like the blog post by Laura. That's so inspirational!

Josh and Michele said...

We were in Ivins the other day visiting Josh's bro & fam. We were driving around looking at houses and we drove past your house and my kids just about jumped out of the moving car to get to your house. We left your street with 3 crying kids! So we will have to get these kids together some time For sure!

katie said...

Hey there! I'm sold on Fitness Ridge. Adam and I may be moving from D.C. to Salt Lake for law school and I am totally excited to come down south for a visit and life-changing experience. Have I ever told you and Michelle how much I love the Meacham girls?

-katie (barney) kolowich

Lisa said...

I finally had enough time to sit down and read these. I knew Michelle had built a great program (and business) but it was awesome to read such good things about Fitness Ridge. It made me want to book a week!

Every time we visit I'm sad to leave the red rocks and I hope someday our lives might settle in that area.

On another note - will you be running the Hurricane Half next weekend? I'll be down (not hurt this time) and I'd love to get together, even if it is just for race day.

Sheena said...

How did you ever find my blog? Anyways, I am so glad you did! You are so cute.....you need more pixs of just you on your blog. Darling family....I am so glad you left me a message. It has been fun to link to everyone else. Hours later my husband says "get off the blogs!" Thanks keep in touch....Sheena Allred Brown