Monday, May 5, 2008

The Hurricane half marathon

Ok, on Monday, I decided to sign up for the Hurricane 1/2 marathon. I thought about doing it for a while, but it wasn't until Lisa (my friend from up north) told me she was running it and wanted to get together while she was down here, that I decided I would do it. I ran a full marathon 12 years ago it was such a spiritual experience for me. I think EVERYONE should run at least one marathon once in their life. For me, when I saw my family at the end, and then my dad at the finish line, the feeling I got when I collapsed in my father's arms was so strong, and I knew that that was what it was going to be like when we return home to our Father in Heaven and collapse into his arms, and hear him say, "Well done!" That was 12 years ago, and I remember it like it was yesterday. Well, so on Wednesday, I convinced Maryann to run 9 miles with me, and then I tried to register her, and couldn't, and I emailed and called Hurricane city, but no luck. Friday Lisa went to pick up her packet from the Hurricane office, and called me and told me they had extra registration forms!!! She registered Maryann, I was so excited. Saturday morning I got up at 4:15 AM, and went and picked up Shannon, and then Maryann, and we headed over. It was a beautiful run, and I really enjoyed it. I felt great the whole time, and to run with my sister was so great. In fact Maryann said that the night before she had a dream that Michelle (7 months pregnant) signed up and showed up to run with us, if anyone knows Michelle, that is not surprising, she probably could've ran it. She was at the finish line to greet us though. It was a great run, but I'm not sure about the St. George marathon, today I woke up with major back pain. What is wrong with my back, I hate thinking that running is not good for it because that is what I love to do. What do I do? I also have something going on with my right knee, I hate getting older!!!! The end came sooner than I thought, I was excited that I never really hit a wall.

Maryann, so graceful!

I love that all my sisters are so active. Maryann was never planning on running a half marathon until 3 days before, and she did GREAT! We both ran it under 2 hours, I ran it in 1:52, and Maryann ran it in 1:53.



The girl that got me motivated to run! Thanks Lisa, I really had a good time running with you.



Two girls from my ward ran, this is Shannon, and Sara also ran, but she had to get to a baptism, so I never got a picture with her.



12 comments:

claytonandmaryannyates said...

Hi Really my hair is rediculous can we change it PLEASE!?!

Laurie said...

Way to go! You girls are so strong!! I'm always impressed.

Nicole said...

Good job!!! You guys totally motivate me. You make running a marathon sound so fun and fulfilling. I think I really would like to give it a try one of these days.

Doug and Tami said...

Nice Job Ladies!!! I am glad somebody in the family is still running! Lots of love-tami

Quinn and Tami Bell said...

Hey,
Good job on the half marathon.
I really will make the box for you. Here is my email...
tami_bell1@yahoo.com
Email me, and I will know how to get in touch with you by Telephone numbers.

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

Way to go you guys! You both look great and its so fun to see you all have a good time together! Good Job!

Natalie said...

What A Woman! Leanne that is so amazing that you can just decide to run a 1/2 marathon just a few days before! Your awesome.

What a fun thing to be able to do with your sister! I remember Lisa from highland elementary grade school!

Josh and Michele said...

Sara Boatright is my sister in law. She is really nice, if you ever meet her...say hi from me. Anyway, we are coming to the 10am Ivins Stake baptism on May 31. If you guys are having Payton baptized then...it would be so fun to see you! Let me know.

Josie said...

I'm so impressed with your drive! Sometimes I wish I lived down there so some of your guys's determination would rub off on me:)

Heidi said...

You guys truly are amazing. What another great accomplishment. I wish i had even an ounce of a desire to run like you guys do. Tell Michelle she needs to really update her blog cuase I'm really sick of looking at that lame tag:) Glad you are well!

Quiggle said...

Your killin me. You are so awesome. One day I am going to get myself together.

Heather Brinkerhoff said...

that's so awesome..and you look great! Congrats on winning the contest! I've started running, and just singed up for the Hobble Creek 1/2, and I'm so sad I missed the St. George Marathon, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the Top of Utah...It would be so fun to live close to you guys to have people to run with!