Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day--Should be every DAY!:)


I would definitely prefer a dog, but I guess a cat is more motherly



Payton playing basketball, and mom running I guess it's ok for him to think that's my favorite activity


I know mother's day is not about the gift's , but oh how this makes me want to be a better mother! When we built our house a year ago, I convinced John that we had to have it plummed for central vac. I swept my wood floor, and vacuumed my floors with my horrible vacuum for a year, so this was a very very exciting giftJohn woke up at the crack of dawn(our church is at 9:00!) to make me his famous YUMMY 'Bread pudding' . This time he mixed up a little cinnamon frosting to put on top oh oh so good!
These are my Boys, so perfect. Marcus couldn't wait til Sunday to give me his gift from school, so I opened it on Thursday. He was so excited because I mentioned that all I wanted for Mother's day was chocolate, and he made me a chocolate hershey kiss necklace. He also wrote a cute book, "I'll love you forever . My mom is beautiful because she has pretty hair. My mom always says Clean your room. My mom and I like to play duck duck goose. My mom's favorite clothes to wear are her pink shirt. My mom really loves to play hide and seek." I really need to take a picture of Payton's book, because the art work is so good. Brigham is now sitting up by himself, so that is a great mother's day gift!!!
Lydia, oh Lydia, what would I do without her? She is such a joy and keeps motherhood ENTERTAINING!!!
This has nothing to do with mother's day, but Payton made this cute letter for his teacher, he is such a thoughtful boy!! "Dear Mrs. Westover, Thank you for all that you had done for us. You are the best teacher ever. I love you, and thank you for teaching us math and you are very nice. Love, Payton.
This is what makes all the days soooooooooo worth it!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

What a great day! I cannot believe how grown up Lydia looks!!

Doug and Tami said...

Cute post Leanne! We love our kids! We'll be around for Paytons b-day...just tell us when and where to be.

The Crocketts said...

They are so sweet! My kids have been wishing me "happy mother's day" every day since Sunday, and I just think, "Yes, because of you, every day is Mother's Day". Don't we have the best job in the world?! I'm glad you had a nice day.

Quiggle said...

That book is so darn cute! I would love to have that new little vac of yours.

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

Cute and fun post! Leanne I loove love loove bread pudding. Do you mind sending me the recipe? I have been wanting to make some since I've never done it but I always get it at resturants if they have it. My e-mail is sharibailey@tmail.com

Thanks!

Josh and Michele said...

So cute! I wish everyday could be Mother's Day. I love all the love.....if only. Oh yea, Tell Payton Happy Birthday in a couple days. Kyle and Taylor say Hi!