Saturday, June 7, 2008

Payton's baptism and more birthdays


So much has happened, I hate playing catch up, but I'm going to try because I know it is important to document our lives, so here it goes. On May 31st we had John's parents, his sister's Kristine, and Kim and their children, and my parents stay with us. We had a full house, but we had a great time, and the kids were in heaven. The baptism was more than words could express, the power of the Holy ghost is real, and to witness one of our own children receive that precious gift made all our endless efforts to try to be the parents god would want us to be so worth it. I am so proud of Payton. Payton and a little girl Tegan were the only two getting baptized from our ward, so after they were baptized, we went into the primary room, and listened to my sister Maryann play primary songs on her violin(thanks Mares) while we waited for Payton and Tegan to get dressed. The bishop said a few words, and then Tegan and Payton sang, "The Things Jesus Asks of Me" it was so cute. Plus, Brigham slept throught the whole baptism.( a tender mercy :) ) All in all, it was a wonderful weekend, thank you everyone for coming and supporting Payton on his special day.

How cute would this family picture be if it wasn't blurry!!!! Dog gonnit! Grandma and Grandpa Kemp thank you for coming


I love this boy!



We celebrated Grandpa's birthday on Sunday,

Grandma and Grandpa Meacham, thanks for coming

Payton's cousin Joshua

Payton's cousin's Jordan and Bryson

Payton's cousins Jasmine, and Mckenna, and of course, his cute younger brother Marcus who looks up to Payton so much.

I had to throw this picture in, I've been telling Lydia for like the last year that when she wears underwear, she can take dance. Well, she has been really good, so I signed her up for ballet. We went and bought her and her cousin matching ballet outfits and got all ready to go to dance when five minutes before AAAAggggghhh Lydia had an accident in her dance outfit!!!! We took it off, and she had to go to dance without her cute ballet outfit, she was so sad, but got over it real quick, and had a blast at ballet. This is a picture of Maryannn, Jayni, and Lydia stretching.

MORE DRAMA! Recently Lydia got my hair scissors, and cut her hair. I had to cut it into a cute little A-line bob. I put up all the scissors in the house, and then one day, I found her with her hair chopped up by her ear!!! She got scissors from Payton's back pack, and they are not sharp scissors, but she managed to do damage. I really didn't know if I could fix it and make it look cute. This is a picture of the damage, it was just chopped everywhere!
Here it is, the cut I probably would never have given her if she hadn't cut her hair, but I think it turned out so cute, it definitely suits her.
Here is my cute Brigham. He is now 8 months old, and oh we love him. This picture was taken at Jayni's 2nd birthday party, he got sunscreen in his eyes, so he had tears the whole time, but that doesn't stop him from smiling. It was a swimming party, and while we were there, I laid out my towel to try and get a few rays, and Payton laid his towel next to me, and said, "This is the life isn't it?" Kids really notice so much more than we think they do.




4 comments:

Laurie said...

Lydia is so lucky to have your hair cutting talents!! Her new cut is cute!

Wish we could have been there for the baptism. Sounds like it was a special day.

Keep updating! It's great to see what you're up to.

Annalyn said...

What a darling little hair cut! And yes, Brigham is do so darling. What a big handsome boy Payton is...what a milestone for you too - a kid that is old enough to be baptized...ahhh!!

Doug and Tami said...

I can not believe Lydia's hair!! I am lucky so far we have not had a hair cutting moment in our family. Congrats to Payton, I wish we could have been there! My goodness, I did not know we have so many bdays in May...We need to have one GIANT party from now on for everyone!

Heather Brinkerhoff said...

Lydia's hair turned out cute, I don't know what I would do if that happened. Sounds like Payton's baptism was great, I can't believe he's 8!