Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our 4th of July weekend

(This picture accidentally got erased, so that is why it is up here.) Payton, Marcus, Lydia, and Jordan enjoying the firework show at Grandma and Grandpa's.

We weren't planning on going North for the weekend, but John's brother Jason and Mary just got back from a year in China, and so we wanted to see them. On Friday, John went golfing with his brothers and then when he got back, we went over to Jason and Mary's house. We walked over to the park to play volleyball. I used to love to play volleyball, but haven't really played since High School. We played 2 on 2 (Jason and Mary; and John and I). It was a blast. The kids just played around, and we played some serious volleyball (so I thought) . We played three games, and we actually won one of them. (Jason was easy on us, he has a MEAN spike-ouch!) I didn't have my camera, but I wish I would've, cause Payton took some really cool pics with my phone, but I can't put them on the computer. We came back to my mom's and roasted marshmallows, and watched fireworks in my mom's back yard.
Grandma and Grandpa came out for the fireworks show too.
Greg always loves to be around his family. He loves each of his nieces and nephews, and it is fun to see him get so excited to see each of them.

Greg really wanted to celebrate in style, so he got a sheet, and set up a projection screen outside, and we watched 'Spiderwick'. It was so much fun, we watched 'Vantage Point' the next night also.
(This is a pic of Greg catching some rays, and Chris and Laurie staying out of the rays). On Saturday Lydia and I went with Chris and Laurie on their boat, and John took the boys golfing, they actually chose golfing over boating. John thought it was going to be crazy because of the 4th, but it actually was not busy at all.
I didn't get to wakeboard at all last summer, because I was pregnant, and we haven't been out at all this year, so I really enjoyed getting out on the lake again. The water got pretty choppy, so I decided to try the tube(not a good idea). On Monday morning, my back KILLED!

For being such a girly girl Lydia's pretty tough. I never blogged what happened to her last week; she got hit with a bat (a foam one marcus was swinging), and cut her eye. I thought she'd go bezurk when she saw blood, but all she said, was "o-my gosh, o-my gosh, o-my gosh". She absolutely loved the tube, and smiled the whole time. ( This is my nephew Jordan and Lydia)Ok, I have to stop, we have a crazy weekend ahead of us, my sister Michelle's kid's are sleeping over, because Michelle is so close to having her baby. Kim(John's sister) and her girl's are on their way down to spend the weekend, and leave Kaitlynn for a month, and Laur(my sis ) is traveling down tomorrow to be here for Michelle's baby, and spend time while Trav is in Alaska, and my mom and dad are coming down tomorrow, so I need to STOP BLOGGING!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Sounds like you're going to be busy having FUN!

It was so great to see you last weekend. Thanks for fixing my hair! I'm loving the layers.