Friday, July 25, 2008

Our 24th!

We started the day out by waking up at 5:30 Am and running a 5 mile fun run at Ivins City. Kaitlynn's mom sisters and brother came down to see her run, and I knew she was in pain because she pulled her muscle and couldn't run the day before, but she really wanted to run this race, and her family was here, so she decided to try it. The trail was a beautiful trail, running along side of the red mountain, and through Kayenta on a dirt road, passing a few ranches, and then downhill . Kaitlynn was in pain probably the whole race, but she wanted to finish, and we did. I was really proud of her. Then we stayed for the Ivins City breakfast and parade, and then on to the lake. John and one of his best friends purchased a boat a couple of weeks ago, and so we took Kim's family and went out for the day. I really do love just sitting on a boat and having our family out on the lake. John has been so busy lately, he gets up and goes to football(he coaches ) at 6 am, and then to work, and sometimes, I don't see him until 9 at night. He also has a new calling in the ward(first counselor in the elders quorum), and I really do try to be supportive, but it's hard to let your husband go help others move, clean up, or just visit, he never complains though, although it takes a lot to get a conversation out of him when he is having conversations all day long, and most of them (because the spa's clientele is mostly women) are women with lots and lots of issues, so spending the day with him on the lake was really enjoyable, it's amazing how I now cherish even riding in the car with him. Then on the way home, the trailer to our boat had a blow out, we had to park it drive all the way back to costco get the tire fixed, and come back, that time in the car with him, I could have done without.:) We got home, and John barbecued his famous chicken and steak. We ended the day with fireworks, our neighbors gave us quite the show. Lydia and Smokey posing for a picture at the parade!
Kaitlynn and I running in, oh the pain she endured. Her mom Kim and sister Makenna ran in the last block with us. Maryann's in the picture also, she ran too, she pushed herself a little too hard, and was sick the rest of the day(she's way too competitive).
Marcus and Payton rode with our primary in the parade.

4 comments:

Quiggle said...

Looks like you guys have been busy doing lot's of fun things. Your family is so fun. I love the meachams.

Barlow and Lannie said...

It sound like you guys had a great 24th. Are you going to run the Marathon? I think my brothers going to run it, so if he does I think we'll go down for the weekend. Hopefully we can catch up then.

L

Joe and Brenda Ashby said...

Leanne
Amazing who you find on the internet. Becca Sharp just moved into the neighborhood and I found her blogspot and saw you name WOW your kids have grown up and you have new addition. I was scrolling your account and saw what you accomplished in March WOW how did you do it? Sounds like everything is still going well for you I am so glad to hear you are still doing hair. If you can believe it Candace will graduate from hair school in September and Tyler will be a senior this year at the high school. It is so good to see you and your family. I know exactly how you feel about getting old I have suffered several injuries this past year ruptured disc in my back so listen to you back pain and a fractured femur. I guess running 3 marathons is going to be my limit. I am just starting to run again and it feels so good I am having to take it very slow and I can't wait to build up my mileage again. I hope you don't mind I added you to my blog friends. Hope to hear from you soon and yes you should run the St. George Marathon at least once its a rush, but listen to your body and don't over due it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day, we went out on Cjhris's boat with Greg and Jordan and Jemma, I need to get the nerve to ski on that dirty utah lake so I can show Greg just where he gets his talent!!!!!!