Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Brigham is 9 months today

9 things in 9 months1. Crawling. Brig is now crawling everywhere, but mostly to mom's feet to beg to be picked up.

2. Standing. He is now getting comfortable with pulling himself up. Unfortunately our coffee table is metal and tile, and when Brig smiles, he bounces up and down, then hits his mouth on the table.
3. Teething. No teeth yet, but he has been chewing his hands like crazy for the past two months. He loves to bite anything, especially mom's chin.
4. Eating. He loves to eat all the time; bottles, rice cereal, fruits and veggies, crackers, and he especially loves Popsicles. He still likes to nurse, but mostly at night or in the morning or when we're out and about, and I forget to bring his bottle (which happens more often than not).
5. Kissing. Oh, how he loves to kiss. He grabs the back of your hair, pulls you in and slobbers all over your face; the best kisses ever. He is also the king of pinching.
6. Talking. Mama, dada, and as Lydia tells everyone, "My brother Brigem says, 'Blah Blah'." The kids love to try and teach him new words.
7. Sleeping. Finally Brig is out of mom and dad's room, and in his own crib in his own room. He sleeps through the night, but mom loves the middle of the night feeding/bonding (every ONCE in a while). Naps are whenever and where ever we can, in the car seat, at the pool, in the stroller, but my favorite is in his crib for 3 HOURS. We still all fight over cuddling and falling asleep with him.
8. Growing. He is already wearing 12-18 month clothes, he is growing up so fast. He is now a whopping 20 lbs. The doctor says he is above average for his weight, but below average for his height. He's a solid chunk.
9. Playing. Brig loves to jump in his jumper, he loves stroller rides, he loves to go swimming, and he loves to play with his brothers and sisters as long as I am close by. He always looks back at me with a look of fear when his brothers and sister take him away to play.

5 comments:

Cameron and Michelle said...

Brigham really is one of the cutest babies ever. I enjoyed your last post. Cam and I have been cleaning out every room and it is so sad to throw so much away and give so much to DI. It really made me not want to buy anything because we collect too much!! Although I love the good deals and sitting home all day today makes me want to go shopping. I hate that it makes me feel good too. It's not like mom got us addicted to shopping-maybe it is making up for the lack of shopping. I love all of your purchases. Love the crib set. You can't beat the price. The swim suit and picture of Lydia in it is worth the 10.00. I think the 4T justification is actually valid. You will get your money's worth. But you know me :) I am great at justifying and love good deals too. Let's go shopping.

Laurie said...

I can hardly even believe that's Brigham! He is so cute!! Love the list.

Josh and Michele said...

Look at how big your little guy is getting! I hate how fast the first year flies by. His is so cute.

Heather Brinkerhoff said...

what a cute post! I'm going to have to steal it when Addie turns one! I already started listing. What a fun 4th, it's too bad we never really get to see you guys & things are always so crazy when we do. by the way, I love the whole blue and brown pictures. one of the main reasons is because they don't look too Christmasy, eastery, or seasonal, so they can stay up all year. I completely know where you're coming from with the shopping thing, but I keep thinking that with more kids I'll stop because it gets so crazy even with two in a store :)

Jilly said...

What kind of camera do you have?? You take really good pictures!