Friday, July 18, 2008

Yet another busy week......

Brigham standing for the first time without falling soon after.

Kaitlyn is the daughter of my husband's sister Kim. She came down to live with us for a month. She really wanted to workout every day, get a tan, and just get a fresh start for school this year(what teenager doesn't?) So on Monday, we got up and ran the good ol' stop sign trail. Oh how I love/hate that thing. My mom was here with Michelle and the new babe, so she came also. My mom is like the energizer bunny. Kaitlyn did awesome, she ran/walked 3 miles up, and 3 miles down. I took Lydia and Brigham, and left the boys home to sleep. Tuesday Kaitlyn ran it faster. Tuesday night we went shopping for new running shoes for Kaityln, because she was getting blisters with her other ones. Marcus got some new running shoes too, so he wanted to run with us in the morning. So on Wednesday, I took both Payton and Marcus, and can I tell you, it was PURE JOY!!! Marcus ran most of the way, and then jumped in my stroller, which I didn't mind, because it gave me a better workout, but Payton ran with Grandma. He stayed up with her the first 3 miles, and then Grandma wanted to go to the top, so Payton turned around and ran back to me and asked if I needed help pushing the stroller. He was incredible, and not even tired. So he ran back to the 3 mile marker with Kaitlyn and I, and ran all the way back. Along the way, I let Lydia out of the stroller so she could run. For some reason, running with my kids was just priceless. Payton really had the best attitude, and none of my kids were whining, it was WONDERFUL. We went swimming later that day, and Brigham stood for the a very long time all by himself. Thursday, we ran again, Kaitlyn was really sore, and pushed through a lot of pain. I left all my kids home, because Grandma and Grandpa Kemp are here this weekend, except for Brig, I pushed him in the stroller. Kaitlyn pushed the stroller up the last mile, and I ran with my mom to the top. I told Kaitlyn to go as far as she could and try to meet us when we ran down. I knew she was really sore, so I really didn't think she would go too far, but we turned around, and she was pushing the stroller up the last mile which is STRAIGHT up. My mom took the stroller, and Kaityln and I walked up to the top and made it to the stop sign, I was really proud of her, because I knew that she was in pain.

Last night, we sent Marcus home with Grandma Meacham. She was going to take him to Kim's house to stay for a week. So this morning I got Payton up, and brought him running. He is going to play tackle football this year, and I'm really nervous. So, today was not pure joy, try pure headache, he complained almost the whole time. He was able to sit in Maryann's stroller for a little bit, but she got a flat, so he had to get out. Maryann ended up putting Jayni in my stoller and pushing it. I stayed with Payton and tried everything to motivate him. We walked most of it, and he just was stubborn. At one time he planted his feet and told me he wasn't moving, and I told him he could walk home then, and I left. After a while I could hear him yelling MOMMMM!!!! It was an angry yell, so I kept walking(I used to get embarassed about others watching my children throw fits, but I don't care anymore). He started running to catch up screaming and finally said PLEASE STOP! So I did, I let him catch up and I told him to stop screaming it was unacceptable, and we walked in silence the rest of the way. At the end, he started crying and said sorry, we hugged and talked, but oh my what a different experience from Wednesday!!!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

You guys are amazing. What great examples you are to me! Thanks!

lauraleereber said...

Some day we will have a second home there so we can spend more time doing the stop sign together. I think its great for Payton to get in shape like that. It will help him so much in sports.

Josh and Michele said...

I can't believe your baby is standing! That is so amazing. Sounds like you guys are having a great summer!

Laurie said...

You're going to love having all this stuff documented! Good times....

Annalyn said...

I guess my next step in exercising with my kids is making them get out of the stroller too - I'm afraid I would have WAY too many whiners though...how do you avoid that? HOpe you are doing well!