Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Here comes the phone calls!

So last night I got a phone call from Payton and Marcus' bus driver. She is a substitute for 6 weeks, and said that Payton and Marcus were not listening. I remember last year when Marcus' teacher pulled me aside, and said that Marcus was being difficult. Well I did a lot of crying that day, wondering where I went wrong! I have grown up a little, and didn't cry, but took it as a chance to help the boys understand the importance of respecting adults.
I actually was really glad for the phone call, because, it has more of an affect on Marcus. He will push limits until he knows there is a line. So last night after a lot of talking, crying, and talking again, I think he understood that there was a line, and he had definitely crossed it. Payton struggles with Marcus, because he tries to control him and his actions, and if you know Marcus, that is not possible. Marcus works with enforced rules, and he will do things to just drive Payton CRAZY! Payton gets really frustrated, anyway, this was our night last night.
translation: Dear Bus Driver, I am so sorry, I will be more helpful I am so sorry I should be more respectful Love Marcus


Marcus was really proud, and finished saying ,"that was really sweet huh Mom?" I said, "yes, doesn't that feel good to help someone and do something nice?" They are really good kids, I love them so much, and I love all they are teaching me. I have been praying a lot to have the guidance to know how to handle each of their oh so different personalities, and the other day, I saw a Popsicle on my coffee table MELTING!!! My first reaction was to grab Marcus' arm ( I was pretty sure it was him) and bring him in and show him WHAT HE DID WRONG! I felt a very strong "NO, just clean up the mess, and when he does something GOOD THEN pull him in and show him what he did good!" I did just clean up the mess, and I am trying to focus on seeing the good things all my kids do.(which unfortunately do not have the same impact as something they did wrong!)

8 comments:

The Crocketts said...

You are a great mom! Your kids are so cute. Love your other blog too.

Laurie said...

It might just be an isolated incident. :)

You'll be glad you have pictures of those cute notes. That is very sweet.

Always remember you ARE a good mom.

Jilly said...

Boy's will be boys!! And the letters were VERY cute.. that just goes to show what a great mom you truly are!!!!! And what Beautiful kids you have btw!

Sheri Keilman said...

So I finally started a blog! Weak in comparison to you professionals out there! keilmanfamily.blogspot.com

I think what you did with Marcus and Payton and the bus driver is precious - the letters, and pictures, those moments are the little learning nuggets you need to cherish, I'm sure there will be many more! :)

Cindy said...

Leann, You are a wonderful,devoted mother and wife!! You follow your instints, and those instints are right!!! Keep it up dear lady-you're doing a great job!!

Cindy said...

By the way, thanks for your nice comments. I am the activities chairman in our ward. We are coming from a place where there have been NO activities, to trying to get people accustomed to socializing. Its been tougher than I thought it would be...but we are seeing progress!! I guess thats all I can do.

Haley said...

You never go wrong!! haha i dont think it is possible! Youre boys are so darling. I remember having to learn those little lessons...i was a talker too! Their notes are so sweet!!

Pearl said...

Leanne I love your blogs and to know how the children are doing. You are doing a great job. I think your teaching the children songs will help to teach them through still another imnportant medium. I am still looking for the music for "A small boy prayed" for you. Love always Grandma Pearl