Sunday, September 7, 2008

What a WEEKEND!!!!

I know that the boys started school August 12th, but I never posted this pic because it was on John's phone, so here it is. They were so excited to start school, and both are doing well.The morning Lydia started school, I was on the phone trying to fix a mistake I made on a bill, and then when I got off, I realized we had like 10 minutes to get ready! So she is eating her breakfast on her way to her school.
I'm really excited that we started this little preschool, because IT'S FREE!!!! There are five ladies in the neighborhood, we switch off, so I will teach once every five weeks!

So the weekend started with this cute performance, Brielle and Lydia got to perform at the High School half time. That was a lot more work than needed, but Lydia LOVED it. She was so cute, not shy, and fun to watch perform. I thought I was recording the whole thing, but I guess I pushed the wrong button.

I have to say though, Lydia has been a little sassy(nice word) lately. She just has such a bossy attitude, she loves to boss the boys around, and at first it was cute, but it's starting to not be so cute. Anyway, at half time, they told us to take our girls to the gate. They wouldn't let us go on the track with them, and it was just caotic with 100+ little girls. Well, my friend's little girl was in there when I went up with Lydia, and my friend was worried that her little girl would get scared again(there was an instance during one of the rehearsals when she got left by a cheerleader). I told Lydia to go find her and help her find her spot. Lydia ran in, found her, put her arm around her, and took her over to her spot. Oh, it made me proud. What a sweetie!

Lydia and her cousin Brielle, this is probably the only decent picture of the whole night.
Saturday morning I got up at 5am to run a 20 mile race. Thanks Michelle for taking these pictures. I am so grateful I had Sara to run with, she kept up the perfect pace, and I just kept talking trying to forget I was running 20 miles! I felt great, we got a decent time(3:06), and as soon as the race was over, I could barely walk(because of a blister I started to get at mile 18), and my head cold was back. I came home slept for 3 or 4 hours, and it took everything for me to get up and go to Payton's first football game!

This is a picture of Sara, me, and Shannon. Shannon is training for the marathon, and she is running her 20 miles on Saturday, ew, ew, I do NOT envy her!
We started the race about 3 or 4 minutes after the gun went off because they only had 2 port a potties, and we were in line, so we spent the whole race trying to catch up to Cam. He ran in about 9 minutes ahead of us.
Where's my picture of Payton's game? Well, it's not here, I'm a horrible mom. It was at 4:20, and it was blistering hot. I had my camera, but I only took video.

These are third graders, and it is intense. We were a little frustrated, because Payton stood on the sidelines the whole first half. Both the coaches have boys on the team, and there are about 5 that are good friends with them.(They're all good players too) John has really stayed out of the way as a parent, because he is a coach, and he knows how parents can get.
It was really hard for me to not think in my head the whole time of what I would do when I would call the coach, email him and say, "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Ok, so I probably wouldn't, but it was so very hard.
After the half time Payton got to play, he did play quite a bit the second half, but it was always on defense. He did a good job, he was so nervous before the game. After the game, we hugged him, told him GREAT JOB, and then asked how he liked it. He told us that he didn't think it would be that much fun. He didn't say anything about not playing very much, or not playing offense, and he still loves it.
There was a time in the game where he was the safety and he ran from clear across the field to try to tackle a player running in for a touchdown. He didn't get him, and they got a touchdown. I was really watching Payton's reaction and he pounded on his helmet and kicked his foot a little. After the game, I asked him why he got so mad, and he said,"I am the safety, I should've gotten him, and our coach said that if we won and they were zero, he would buy us all a big texas doughnut!"

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Wow, Lydia's in preschool! Fun for her, nice for you. I'm sure you'll have plenty of other opportunities to take and post photos of Payton's games.