Sunday, September 21, 2008

One year ago......


Derek and Andrea are an amazing couple. Their example of faith and strength have and will help so many.

I didn't think that Lydia really understood what was going on, but today in church, as we were leaving our first meeting, many were giving Andrea a hug, I wanted to also, but because there were others, I decided to wait, and talk/hug her a little later. As I was passing Andrea, Lydia tugged on my arm, and said, "Mom, give her a hug!"

What a beautiful, spiritual sight to see these balloons released. Wyatt was loved by so many.

Andrea and her husband Derek are really a couple to look up too. They grief, and the yearn to be with their Wyatt, but they have been such an example to me, Andrea has a blog that I love to read. If you would like to read her story, (I know I have referred to her blog often, and I hope she doesn't drop me as a friend.:) ) click on her name, leave her a comment, or just gain strength like I have, she has an amazing testimony.

Oh, their sweet little girl!

I had their oldest boy in my Weebelos (scouts) den, and he is just amazing. Such a good kid, and so smart. He never showed a whole lot of excitement at Den meetings, (he's a very much get things done kind of kid) but I remember the Wednesday before Andrea was going to be induced, he was like a boy the day before Christmas. I know he loves his brother so much, and this is not what he had imagined, but he is a strong boy. Also in this picture is their eldest daughter, she is too cute for words, such a sweet, and beautiful girl

Andrea, we love you so much!!! This is the best neighborhood ever, I absolutely love the pure love that is shown by everyone!

Thank you Andrea for your friendship, and Happy Birthday to Wyatt, this day will always be a special day, I know that I will never forget what this day means to me.

4 comments:

Haley said...

It seems like it was a great time remembering the little one that passed. That is so sad. I hope they are doing well. what a neat thing to join. What your lydia said was so sweet. Little Kids are so in tune!

Andrea said...

Thank you Leanne for remembering our Wyatt. You are such an amazing friend. Thank you for all the love and support you have given me. I'm so grateful for you!
Love,
Andrea

Kris E. said...

Wow, my heart goes out to her and her family. I cried, but feel very blessed to know that we will all see our loved ones again... I love you guys and hope you know what you all mean to us!

-Kris & Jason-

Cindy said...

Leann, you are such a good writer. Thank you for sharing things that are near and dear to your heart. Your neighbor is lucky to have you as a dear friend. You are blessed to have each other. THank you.

(also, you need to know that Im in desperate need of a haircut by your talented hands!)