Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'M AWAKE!!!!

I remember listening to Sheri Dew speak, and I will always remember one thing she said, and it has stuck with me ever since. She said that when we wake up in the morning, Satan should say, "oh great, she's awake!" Yesterday I had an experience that made me realize that I am going to fight, fight for my family. On Sunday, our Sunday school teacher said something that stuck with me too. Our lesson was on addictions, and he told of an experience he had with a young man when he was in the bishopric. The young man came into his office hurt and frustrated, and very remorseful because of an internet sight he came across that was phonographic. Our teacher couldn't help but think about the what if's, What if his parents took the necessary precautions that would have stopped him from even seeing this sight? I sat there realizing that I could do better. I tend to live my life understanding that the world around us is full of evil and corruption, but I take a stand on the sidelines, and watch our children get exposed to it each and every day, thinking that there is not much I can do to change the way the world is. I know there are things that we will not be able to keep them from, but do our kids have the armor on that they will need, and yes we can take a stand and change some of the things that are happening in our own community! Anyway, I spent most of the morning filled with such a burning desire to do something more! My side ached because I was so filled with fire to step up and fight. I know that this is so important right now, and I wasn't sure what to do right at that moment, but I knew something had to change, so I decided to set up a blog that is designated to my fight for my kids, and my family, and so I can keep this blog for all the fun pictures and fun outings, but my new blog www.standfortruthandright.blogspot.com is where I will daily post things that I know that I need to be doing. that's it for now, no more preaching on this blog, but you're welcome to come and visit me, and leave your comments.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

love all the new posts! I haven't been blogging much these days.. it was fun to catch up! Happy belated birthday! I love when husbands pull through and really make it special:) I need to do one of those hikes one of these days.

I think you are probably doing better at 'being awake" than you think... but yes, this is one thing that makes me nervous to start a a family.... THIS WORLD! But we have so much peace through the gospel.

I don't know if anyone was taking pictures at the bbq the other night... I have only seen Megan for about one hour:( and I missed the twins:(

The Crocketts said...

Good for you! If we all stand together, we can make a difference!