Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I've Been tagged, so here it goes......

1. When I met John (we were set up), I knew when he came to the doorstep that I was going to marry him. I asked him what his last name was at dinner, cause I wanted to know what my last name would be.
2. I love to Hike--the farther and higher the better(as long as it is safe)!!! I love the mountains, they are so peaceful, and there is nothing like being on top of a mountain looking down.
3. I can not believe that Maryann's favorite day would include cleaning--ew! My favorite day um.....I love to go on a bike ride, shop with my sisters, go running, go to the park with my kids, but that is stuff I do a lot already, so my favorite day that I do not get to do a lot would be going snow skiing with my husband. I love skiing with him. I would finish the day off by going to a nice restaurant, and going to a movie. I love movies, my all time favorite is "The man from snowy river".
4. I have a huge desire to have EVERYTHING in my house have a home, and believe me, I am so far from achieving this, nor do I believe I will achieve this while my kids are young, but somedayI will reach this goal, is it possible? Those that know me, well would probably doubt this is a possibility because I am so sparatic(is that a word). I am the best at setting something aside because I want to find the perfect home, and then it developes into a pile. I would love to go to sleep one evening, and know that everything is put away where it goes, in it's own spot.
5. I love to rearrange my furniture, or design my rooms on paper. I always am drawing on paper how I would rearrange my furniture, and design my room to where I think it would change the look of my room, or just make it easier for my to get more organized. Most of the time I don't get it done, but I am always thinking and drawing on paper ideas. I would love to go back to school for design. My fav show is devine design if you have seen it, the designer draws out the room exactly how it turns out, and her designs are beautiful.
6. I love to lead music. My favorite callings that I have in church would be leading the music in primary, Young women's and Relief Society.
7. Um, let's see.....something interesting.......I can now understand why my mom said she had seven kids, I believe she said each one was so cute she wanted to see what the next one would look like. I love being a mom, and I love that my kids are so cute, and unique in their own special way. I often OFTEN wonder if I am cut out for this job, but am grateful that my father in heaven gave me four adorable children. I admire my mom, and hope to be able to have her strength, and passion, and for her and my dad's example of hard work. I don't remember my mom and dad telling us to do something without getting in there and doing it with us. My mom is an early riser, gets up, works out( I remember waking up to her jumping on her exercise tramp, she is so energetic at 6 am), and still makes a hot breakfast. I will always remember my carrot garden that I was put in charge of. Well the interesting thing is......although I'm not sure if I have my mom's energy, but I want more kids. AGH!!!! I want Lydia to have a sister. I cherish my sisters, and I don't know what I would do without them. Each one of them is an inspiration, and a strength to me. Lar, she makes me want to be a funner mom; Michelle, she makes me want to think of others before myself; and Maryann, well she makes me want to clean. I am going to tag Laurie Meacham, Lannie Elton, and Nicole Young.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Interesting how you and your sisters all include a hard workout in your ideal day. My ideal day would be one where I'd skip the workout! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments, they are very nice and from your heart. You are a perfectly great mother and your children are blessed to have you for their mother. I've just been reading a book by Ezra T. Benson and he says the Book of Mormon is the most important book we can read. Bee sure to read from that book every day to your children and teach them to respect it and not take it lightly. The greatest thing you can do for them is teach from the Book of Mormon.

Cameron and Michelle said...

You fixed your computer Yea. I still laugh at the last name thing. I need to watch the kids one of the days so you can hike-probably wed. maybe in a few weeks or so or maybe in the new year. I still haven't started so I could be prego! You guys need to go skiing this year at Brianhead. Maybe a christmas gift for john :) I miss divine design with no tv I love that too. I love the creative ideas and the finish product. We both need to learn how to be more effective moms now that we are home more and don't have another job. I want to help you and you need to help me not want to start working again. Having more kids is a great way to not be able to do more. You have so many talents that make you an amazing mom, and wife. I remember growing up and having ideas and then saying, "my sister Leanne can do it she is talented." About the home for everything, I am in the same boat. i would love it but don't know if it will ever happen. I can find a home for everything for about a day. the hard part is keeping it there and putting it back. I really loved reading everyone's comments. I think Mom needs to redo hers! Come on mom, you have never been one to say what you like or would like and it would be fun to hear. Love ya, Michelle

Annalyn said...

Hi Leanne,
This was so fun to read, and I never sent my congrats for your sweet new baby - so sorry! I hope all is going well in your fun new house!.
I tried to invite you to my blog, but maybe I have an old email address. (gmail one?) Let me know!

Heidi said...

I love reading these things about you girls. i love you all... and Yes, I learned a few things about you!

Oh, and i remember you telling me you were going to marry John. How cute.