Friday, November 9, 2007

Dinner was finally a hit

I hate when I make a fancy dinner, spend a lot of time, and my kids hate it. Last night I made a basic potatoes, ham, and bean dish, and my kids loved it. I made it up, so it's basically scalloped potatoes with green beans and ham. I boiled and skinned the potatoes, and then made a sauce out of a can of cream of chicken, 1 cup of milk, 1 small onion(chopped really small), and salt and pepper. Then I chopped up deli ham, and opened a can of green beans. I layered it starting with the potatoes, sauce, beans, cheese, and then layered it again. I warmed it up in the oven for about 20 min on 350 and my kids ate every bit of it. That is when it is worth cooking!!!!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Sounds good! Thanks for posting this. Did you use green beans?

Cameron and Michelle said...

I have to agree. this was the best dinner this week of all the exchanges. Thanks Leanne!!