Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm really ticked!


This is a picture of Brielle holding a sign for her mom and dad last year for the St. George marathon. I ran the Salt Lake marathon in '97, wow, 11 years ago, and have not had the desire to do another, I felt like I got a good time, (3hrs 57 min) I made it under my goal of 4 hours, (barely) and just was fine with running one. I ALMOST signed up for the marathon this year, but missed it because I kept deciding and then it was too late. Now I'm ticked because two Saturday's ago, a girl in my ward asked Sara(another girl from my ward) and I to run 17 miles with her to train. I was totally excited, I just wanted to know if I could do it. I did it, and I have been running with her since. We ran 9 miles last Saturday, and I plan to run her 19 and 20 mile runs too, so I've got to figure out a way to run the marathon!!!! I'm so mad, because I really want to do it this year, so I've heard people running with other people's numbers, you're not supposed to transfer numbers, but I think if you just run as that person's name it is ok, so if anyone is not running, I'd love to run for you, I promise I'll try to run fast so you can have a good time on your name.:) Anyway, this picture is actually on the St. George marathon website, I just had Brigham two days before, and I didn't get to go, but at the last minute made signs for Brielle and Bryson to hold up, and sent them with my mom and John, and they didn't even take a picture of them holding the signs, so I thought it was so cool when someone took this and put it on the website!!!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I was wondering if you had registered :) I'll let you know if I hear of an available number - Happy 20 miler!

Cameron and Michelle said...

I can't even get over how good you have gotten at running. i swear I never will. your birthday post for John was way cute. Hopefully he had a good day.

Heather Brinkerhoff said...

Good luck finding a spot! I've done a couple 13 milers, and that's the farthest I've gone. I think I'll try for a marathon next year! Have fun!

Laurie said...

That is amazing! Hope you get a spot.

The Cook's said...

Well hello, it was so good to hear from you and to catch up on your life. You have such a cute family. It is so fun to see people through the blogging world. Do you care if I put your blog on my link list?

Shannon said...

Hey Leanne! Its shannon! Susan told me how to find your blog :) I just wanted to give you my email so you can write me and tell me your email so I can send you an invite to my blog. Thanks for running with me, you are so good! Are you doing 19 with me on saturday?????.....
shankait@hotmail.com

Jenny Wilson said...

are you still looking to run the marathon? I am registered, but quit training because of moving, and losing my running buddy. I don't know how I came across your blog... perhaps through the fitness ridge owners, my friend Debbie Z. works there. If you are interested, email me
rjbwilson@gmail.com