Sunday, August 31, 2008

MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I did not expect, especially after bombing John's birthday, to have the BEST birthday ever. John asked me in the morning what I wanted to do, and I've always loved hiking and as a guide at the spa, I always think when I'm guiding a hike, that I would love to go hiking with John, so that's what we did. John's not a big hiker, but he didn't even ask why I would choose to hike especially on a hot summer day in St. George. We started later than we probably should have on a summer morning(9:00). John loaded our bikes in his truck, and we rode 2 miles up a dirt road, that I did not want to walk.We parked our bikes, and walked in the sand until we got to the bottom of the mountain on the right.
Oh the dreaded sand, I can't tell you how many times I have heard guests complain about this sand, it was so nice to walk in it, and not have to hear someone behind me asking 'how much longer in the sand?', and 'Do we have to walk back in it?' I actually like the sand, it's a GREAT workout, and yes, we always have to walk back in the sand.


It was an AMAZING hike, I enjoyed it so much, and it was so nice to hike it with my husband. There is something about being on top of a mountain, and looking down, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the mountains, they are truly one of god's greatest creations! I can't ever go hiking without doing a yoga pose on top of the mountain, I know I'm a nerd!

Ok, maybe I'm not the only nerd!

Two of my favorites: My husband, and the peacefulness of the mountains!

Ok, this is why I can't lead this hike, there is one spot where the only way across is to jump this LITTLE crack! If you look further back on the left, you can see where you have to jump across. It is not a big jump, but the problem is, it is not flat on the other side, it's just a mountain, and a little ledge to jump to. I freak out, and every time we get to that spot I have to have someone help me over. I have jumped it once, my first time actually, but I haven't since, and I really wanted to on my birthday, but some things just don't need to be proven.:)

This day was so perfect, the gifts I got were so fun, I love that Maryann gets me a purse every year,and I got a yummy German Chocolate muffin from my friend Andrea, I love the running shoes Michelle got for me, and the sunglasses from my mom and dad, thanks Laur for the visa card (which by the way Laur, I bought the cutest shoes with , thanks), Laurie gave me some cute earrings. Laurie has always been so good at getting something in the mail for each and everyone of my birthdays. I always look forward to Doug and Kristine's(John's sister) phone call every birthday, they have never Missed a year!!! John's mom always gives a gift that I hate spending money on, this year it was temple garments.

I did not expect going to 25 main to eat and have cupcakes would be as fun and successful as it was with NINE kids! It was wonderful though, and I love their cupcakes! I love this picture, all the kids are focused on singing to me, but Brigham is eyeing the cupcakes!



Thank you everyone for making my birthday such a great and wonderful day!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

You look so good and so young! Sounds like a really fun day.

Alisha Johnson said...

Happy Birthday! =) We printed the job charts at 11x17... The file was actually for 12x18, but they didn't have hard laminate that big.