Thursday, January 3, 2008

The competition is on!!!

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS, doesn't almost everyone say, "I want to lose weight!" Well FitnessRidge issued a challenge to all the employees and their family members to be the biggest loser in 12 weeks. The weigh in was last night, and over 50 people showed up. They have a grand prize of $1,000, and $500 for second, and $200 for third. Well, I've just recently had my fourth child, and struggled for three months nursing, I think I had every infection there was, and for me when I am in pain, I eat chocolate or anything sweet, and lots of it. Ya, well three months later I am still at the same weight I was when Brigham was born, and this competition is just the motivation I need. I showed up last night, and stood on the scale weighing in at 160 lbs. My body fat was 32.8%!!!!! Scary, Of course right after the weigh in I went and worked out, it felt so good to start sweating real hard. I have been working at the spa for almost three years, and know exactly how people lose weight, and so I am ready to put it to the test. My game plan is to eat 15-1700 calories a day, and work off 1300 calories. It is very time consuming, but from 9-11 every day I am going to run the stop sign (9 miles, 1000 ft incline) it takes about 2 hours, I can push Lydia and Brigham in my stroller, and today I ran it, and I burned over 1300 calories on it, so I am ready to win this competition, and hopefully writing down my weekly progress will help me stay motivated, I do have a slight advantage because I'm nursing, 500 of my calories I eat are for Brigham!!!!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm impressed with your motivation! A little competition always helps.

Lisa said...

You are awesome - I hope you win! Even if you don't win the money I guess you'll win back your fit bod :) Baby weight is AWFUL! I went from my 'smallest in my life' size after having run my 2nd marathon to my 'never been bigger' size after having Sam. I can't believe your running 9 miles WOW you go girl!