Sunday, January 27, 2008

I want to win, but chocolate is soooooo good!!!

Ok, if you have been reading my 12 weeks of what's a good word?.... misery,...no it's.... ok it is that bad. Anyway, I have been writing down my daily efforts; I want to write them down, because it helps me stay motivated to do something everyday knowing I have to report it.

Wednesday, I got up and went to Michelle's church to teach yoga, I love yoga, but it does not burn many calories. I thought about working out that night, but ended up doing hair at the spa for 2 hours. I weighed myself, and I hve lost 15 pounds yeh!

Thursday, I got up to run the stop sign, but it was raining, and I can't take me kids out in the rain, so I got a silly idea, I put on my heart rate monitor, and ran up and down my stairs to get my heart rate up. When my heart rate was up to about 160+ I ran around my house cleaning. If my heart rate started to get below 110, I ran back to the stairs and ran up and down two or three times, then continued cleaning. I ended up burning 450 calories, that is pretty good, and my house looked a lot better. Lydia got a kick out of my energy, she was running around with me.

Friday, Michelle's kids were still sick, and she didn't feel so hot, so I had to attempt the stop sign all by myself. I waited till Marcus got out of school at 10:30, and I took his scooter so he could ride it. I have to say, I was so close to going to walmart instead, but I ran, and burned 800 calories. Marcus didn't ride his scooter, so pushing three kids was a great workout.

Saturday, I played church ball again, and there were 8 of us, so dang it I only burned 500, but it was fun.

Sunday is hard because I don't exercise, so the eating is always hard for me, soooo hard. The eating is what is going to get me, but I found a treat that almost tastes like a banana split ( french vanilla yogurt, bananas, frozen raspberries, and a little hershey's chocolate drizzled on top. YUM). I like that this contest is 12 weeks, because I am forming better habits, I am not perfect, but like a 300 calorie ice cream bar, I would eat without a problem, but now it is easier for me to just eat half because I am aware that is all I can spare. Tonight at the baptismal fireside they had cookies(the costco ones), oh they probably had 200 calories a piece, but I chose not to eat one, because it wasn't worth it, (the treat has to be better than a store boughten cookie). Before this contest, I would have eaten it no problem.

Monday: It was so nice to wake up knowing I did not go for that snack that I wanted so bad last night. I got all ready to run the stop sign, it was cold, so I bundled my kids up and drove up. Michelle and Cam met me there, and we went for about 1 1/2 miles and decided to turn around, cause the wind was so strong. I was bummed because I knew if I didn't get my calories in, I would not do it at all, so I gave Michelle my van and I ran to my house which is only 3 miles, but in the wind pushing a stroller it is tough, I burned 600 calories. yeh, and it didn't rain on us.

Tuesday: Ok, if it's not one thing, it's another. It was a blue sky today, but up in the canyon there was ice on the paved trail. Michelle, Cam and I ran up (Cam pushed both strollers-quite a sight), we had to go kind of slow because it was icy, but I was so glad, because I got blisters yesterday from my new shoes, but my back felt great! Running down was just pure misery, Lydia would not get under the covers, and I had to run flat footed because of my blisters. I did burn 600 calories, I am slacking on the 1000 that was what I wanted, but at least I'm trying. I have been doing pretty well with eating, but made the mistake of making cookies for FHE. I thought I could be good, and at first I didn't even feel like I needed to have even one---then I broke of a little bite and scooped some ice cream with it mmmmmmm, I was a gonner. I didn't actually put any in a bowl, but by the time I was done snacking I might as well had a bowl. Today I am craving valentines candy, but I will not buy it. I am waiting for valentines day, and then I am going to reward myself. The food is the hardest, but because I am very much aware of everything I eat, and allowing myself to make mistakes, it is getting easier.

Wednesday, today I taught yoga, I love the stretch. I went and worked out at the spa in the evening, it is so boring to burn calories in the gym, I got to only 400.



Thursday, it was a beautiful day, I ran the stop sign with Michelle, and Jessica, I burned 950 calories. My back felt great, and my blisters were a lot better.

Friday, I did the stop sign by myself. I took Marcus,Lydia, and Brig. Marcus held on to my stroller strap, and wore his heeley's, but half the time he was in the stroller, it was not very fun, I was so not motivated, and my heart rate monitor stopped, but I probably did around 800.

Saturday John and the kids came with me, we had a wonderful time, I burned 950 calories. Last night I bought candy and ate it instead of dinner, so I was so sluggish, and had no energy, so the kids kept me motivated. I weighed myself, and I have lost 18 pounds in 4 1/2 weeks. Mom, you might not beat me!!:)

1 comment:

The Crocketts said...

Good for you! I need someone to hold me accountable, because I just don't do it otherwise. I'm trying, but have SO far to go! I'm going to read your bog to keep me inspired! Thanks for your example Leanne!