Sunday, January 27, 2008

A day to remember


I'm sure everyone knows and experiences the Sunday morning craziness; I have to get up before my kids to get myself ready for church, then John usually gets the kids cereal, and then while the boys get dressed, he takes a shower, one of us bathes Brigham, and then I get Lydia ready, trying to make her hair cute, and get to Church before she messes it up, then we all jump in the van and try to arrive before the opening prayer-9:00 church is a killer!!!! Of course today was no different, but we did get to church on time, I sat down, exhausted and not sure if I was ready to deal with trying to keep Lydia quiet, keep the boys reverent, and keep Brigham asleep. Then an older gentlemen in the ward stood up and gave a beautiful prayer, his prayer was one that was certainly from the heart, and it definitely put in to perspective the small efforts that I am making each day to teach my children, that I know will have an effect on the choices they make throughout their lives. The gentleman's wife, (they are both Polynesian) gave a beautiful closing prayer in her language, and all that happened in between, to be honest, I didn't catch much of it trying to keep kids quiet, but to listen and feel the strong spirit that both of the prayers brought was so worth it.

Tonight was Payton's baptismal fireside, I can't believe our oldest is at the age to get baptized(May 17th). It was a wonderful fireside teaching the kids about what they need to know about that very special day. Payton said the opening prayer and did a wonderful job.

Our dear prophet President Hinckley passed away tonight, I can't help but think of how wonderfully happy he is to be with his dear sweet wife. What a wonderful life he lead, the televisions news programs about his life were so well put together, it is obvious that he is a prophet that is loved by so many people around the world. When life gets tough for me, I often remember the letter his father wrote him on his mission telling him to; "forget himself and go to work", he did just that and kept doing it throughout his whole life.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Great post Leanne. And I think it is a day we will remember. I was a little surprised when we heard the news, but then it all seemed good.

Those things you do and the example you are to you kids are all worth it!

Anonymous said...

Nice post, I was sad about the passing of Pres. Hinckley, but realized that we all go through it. I have some tips on keeping the kids quiet in church from the newspaper. I will send them to you. Some very helpful ideas.

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

Thank you for your sweet post Leanne...I just bawled... you are a great mother and I know Heavenly Father is proud of you. Thanks again... It strengthened my testimony even more about the Gospel.
Shari