Friday, January 11, 2008

one week down---11 MORE!!!!!

Well, one week of trying to burn 1000 calories, and eat only 1500 is over. I am a very competitive person, so it helps to have this competition, but it has been hard. We all weighed in Wednesday night, I was so ready to get going, I went straight to the gym.
Thursday morning I ran the stop sign with Cam, and Michelle. They are tough, but they took my stroller to make it easier on me. I literally am in pain almost the whole time.
Friday Michelle came with me on the stop sign.
Saturday I did a circuit class at the spa. I have to write down my calories to know what I am eating, I bought a bunch of frozen 300 cal dinners which makes it easy, and I love the thick and creamy vanilla 100 cal yogurts.
Sunday, I rested from exercise, but that made the eating so much harder.
Monday morning Michelle,Cam and I ran the stop sign again. It is such a great workout, because I can take my kids, it is outside, and it has an incline, so even walking I am getting a workout.
Tuesday, Maryann came with us and I ran with her to the top and back, I was ready to CRY!!!!
Wednesday, Michelle and I taught a yoga class at her church while the kids ran around in the gym, and that night I did spinning on the cycle for 45 min. On Wednesday, I noticed my back was really bothering me, I made John massage it.
Thursday it felt a little better, so we ran the stop sign again. This time I ran up to the stop sign and back again, and I felt my back hurting a little, but I had to hurry to the bottom, because Cam had my kids in the stroller, (he always is ahead) and I was worried about Brig being hungry. I came home and took a long bath because my body just hurt, and my back was killing!!!!!
Today has been a bad day. I tried to workout with Maryann at the spa, but it was pretty unsuccessful, and when I am in pain, I love to eat thinking that might ease the pain. I did not write down my calories today, because they were definitely way over 1500, and I didn't want to know how much. My body has been pushed too hard too fast, and I hit a little wall. I can't help but think that this is so much like my life. I work so hard to be a good mom,a good wife, a good daughter of god, and I am amazed at how quickly I can hit a wall. But I have to pick myself back up and forgive myself for the things I do out of pain, and start fresh the next day. Tomorrow I am going to WALK the stop sign with Maryann, I will make her push my stroller so she will walk with me, and I will have Sunday to recover.

My word for the year of 2008 is 'ENDURE'

5 comments:

Josh and Michele said...

I think you are amazing. It's hard for me to keep up and I am not working out like you. You have motivated me to get moving, and besides you always look great!

Laurie said...

I love your word for the year! And I really like your day by day account. I have to admit I'm glad to know it's hard for you too because I have a habit of thinking it's always easier for other people.

Keep going, keep going...don't give up! Here's a quote I just came across:

"We learn from their experience that goals and dreams are not always measured in outcomes but often in attitudes. We gain a lot from beginning and then having to push on by beginning again.

So even if you feel that your dreams and goals have washed out in the past, build them up again. Each new day is a fresh start, a clean slate, a new chance to change, improve, and try again. In the very process lie opportunities immeasurable for growth and good fortune."

You're doing GREAT!

Cameron and Michelle said...

I love reading your daily accounts. I am going to see if I can get cam to do the same. It is motivating. We did not do good this weekend so I hope your back feels better after tomorrow so we can start the week off with the stop sign.

Heidi said...

I dont get how you are so motivated. Send some my way please:)

k said...

love your word for the year. found your blog and had to check it out- my initials are kemp!