Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Still hangin in there

Well last week was not so good:
Monday, I walked the stop sign, my back was still in pain

Tuesday, walked it again, but actually ran down with Cam and Maryann, I literally held on to the strap of my stroller while Maryann pushed it. My back was hurting at the end. I did go to the chiropractor, but because of my fear of popping, this chiropractor did not believe popping was necessary, (yeh) He adjusted, pushed, pulled and I walked out pretty hopeful.

Wednesday, I taught yoga with Michelle, and felt much better.

Thursday, what a joke, we started walking, I noticed my tire flat, Cam got his pump, while Michelle and the others went ahead, the pump did not work, so I got my front pack and put Brig in it, and Cam was going to run ahead and get Michelle's stroller, come back and put Lydia in it. (there have been many times when we have had three in a double stroller). He came back, and walked with me because I couldn't run with Brig, and after a couple of miles, his stroller had a flat. Well, we walked back with Lydia and Trey, and Miya. Miya stayed in the stroller, and Trey and Lydia walked all the way back. We got to the bottom at the same time Michelle, Debbie and Kayla got back, and they ran to the top!!!!!!!!

Friday, had to visit teach, planned on doing something but didn't.

Saturday, I played basketball for the first time in 12 years!!!! Our ward had a game, there were only 5 of us,(I was glad, cause I wanted to burn some calories). We won.:) I burned 700 calories!!! My back hurt, I ran funny, it was frustrating, but I had a lot of fun.

Monday, tried to get up and go, I hadn't fixed my tire, so I went to get my other stroller, it was flat too. Instead, I drove to the tire store, got new tires for the strollers, and my kids bikes that have been flat for a month or so. I was at the spa because I had a hair appt., and the acupuncturist was there, I told her my sob story about my back, and she told me to lie down. She did some readjusting with lots of pressure for only 5 minutes, and it felt sooooo much better.

TODAY, I had a break through!!!!!! I had to run the stop sign by myself because Michelle's kids were sick, and Maryann was babysitting, but I still went. Two miles into the run/fast walk, Cam showed up from out of nowhere, scared me too death, but he took my stroller, and it took everything out of me to keep up with him, but I was determined to keep up with him, and I did. We got to the bottom, I burned 1100 calories, and my back was actually not in pain, and after some good stretches I did not come home frustrated because of back pain!!!YEH

I wanted to write my 12 week journey down because blogging it makes me work harder because I have somewhere to report. The first week and a half I lost 10 pounds, I worked hard! This last week, I didn't write down all of my calories, I snacked a little too much, and wasn't truthful to myself. I wasn't able to work as hard because of my back, I only lost 2 pounds, but I need to thank Laurie for her quote that motivates me to keep going, "We learn from their experience that goals and dreams are not always measured in outcomes but often in attitudes. We gain a lot from beginning and then having to push on by beginning again. So even if you feel that your dreams and goals have washed out in the past, build them up again. Each new day is a fresh start, a clean slate, a new chance to change, improve, and try again. In the very process lie opportunities immeasurable for growth and good fortune."

7 comments:

Alisha Johnson said...

Wow... What a great quote! I am truly amazed at your perseverance! (If you'd like to view our family blog send your email address to xiefamily06@gmail.com and I'll send you an invitation)

Laurie said...

You're onto a good thing Leanne. I love that you're documenting your progress. It's inspiring.

I could use an acupuncturist today for my upper back!

Sharp family said...

You Rock! Way to go! How do you track your calories burned during things like basketball? I need all the tips I can get! So please share any advice, I loved the quote! Your progress is very inspiring, thanks for sharing. Way to be so tuff, keep it up!
Rebecca

Barlow and Lannie said...

Wow..that's fantastic! I need some of your inspiration. I'm sorry to hear about your back. Keep it up!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Sounds like last week was a little rough! Im sorry...but glad your feeling better. thanks for the input on the swing. I had another suggestion and thought Id take yours and hers and go with it! I do have a bouncer I can put on the counter! Its nice to be able to keep the little ones out of reach!

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

Hang in there! You all are great examples to others! I love reading your blogs and seeing how things are going. By the way my friends you asked if they hit off, well she's flying out to Cali to visit him for a week! We are so psyched and hope it all works out! They are a cute couple aren't they!

Quiggle said...

Hi Leanne. Great blog! I am going to need some serious weight loss tips here in about a week or so, when I have the baby. You are awesome. I sent you an invite to my blog at this address leanne@fitnessridge.com let me know if you don't get it. quiggles4@msn.com
Kenzie