Sunday, March 16, 2008

Be Still My Soul

Wyatt Lewis Larsen

Today, we walked in to church right after the Bishop made a few announcements, I noticed that the ward seemed a little different, and then John leaned over to tell me that a family in our ward just recently lost their baby. I gave him a dirty look because it angered me that he would say such a thing, because that could not have happened, he was a beautiful baby boy, he was two weeks older than Brigham, and his mom and I were often in the nursing room together. He passed away earlier this week, I'm not totally sure what exactly happened, he was life flighted to primary children's with heart complications. I'm not sure how to write my feelings, I have feelings of guilt that I still have my baby, and so much sadness for the loss of my friend. I'm not sure how I could go through a trial like hers, but I am so grateful for the knowledge that this is not it, this life is just a preparation for eternal life, she will be with her son again. I came home, and opened the hymn to this song, hymns are always so comforting to me; "Be still, my soul: The lord is on thy side; With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain. Leave to thy God to order and provide: In every change he faithful will remain. Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heavnly Friend Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end." click on here to see his goodbye from his familyhttp://www.legacy.com/HeraldExtra/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=105727998

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh Leanne, I'm glad you found comfort in a hymn. There is hope, but there is also earthly pain and sadness. This is very sad.

Heidi said...

Oh that made me cry! That is so sad. THe gospel is so wonderful. Still the trial are so difficult.