Wednesday, March 26, 2008

IT"S OVER!!!!!

After

Well, three months of hard exercise, and trying to eat 1500 calories or less, is over!!! This last week I have worked so hard, my body is soooo sore. Monday, I got up and ran with my cousin Micheline (on the Meacham side). She is amazing, after 8 kids, she looks sooo good, and she is tough. I ran 8 miles with her, and I was so glad she was doing most of the talking, because I could hardly talk, and my legs were on fire. Her pace was so fast, and we never stopped!!! Of course the feeling of accomplishment was so worth it in the end. On Tuesday, I went to her 6 am kick boxing class, and I thought if I did one more squat, I would collapse. After her class, we lifted weights, oh I am a whimp, I followed her, and had to lower the weight on every station. Then I went with Cam and Michelle to Snow Canyon to run our famous trail. I pushed my stroller the first 3 1/2 miles, and then Michelle watched the kids, while Cam and I ran up the last 1 1/2 miles. I did everything in my power to stay behind Cam, and not let the distance between us get larger. Then Wednesday morning was the weigh in, and I met Micheline for one more run, this time only 5 miles, but then I ran to the spa, and weighed in. I lost 37 pounds. My body fat percentage when I started was 32.7%, and today it was 16.8%! So, I was in the lead, but there were a few more people who hadn't weighed in. After everyone weighed in, Cam called and said I WON by .2%!!! How close is that? The prize was $1000.:) So John and I, and Cam and Michelle went to Pasta Factory for lunch, and then Michelle and I went shopping!!!!

12 comments:

Laurie said...

Wooohoooo!!! Congratulations! I knew you could do it. You did work so hard, and it's been great to have your updates.

Sharp family said...

YOU ROCK!!! I loved hearing about it all along the way! 37 pounds! HOLY MOLY. You very much deserve it! Congratulations, you better shop your guts out!

Josh and Michele said...

Holy Crap! You did it! $1000 big ones. You deserve every penny. Congrats!

claytonandmaryannyates said...

WOW!!!!! you look amazing, don't get any skinnier though. you should be very proud of yourself.

Nicole said...

WOW!!! You are amazing. Good job, and congrats on the big win. You look great!!

Quiggle said...

Leanne, you look amazing!! Way to go. You have inspired me. I am going to be doing P90X with Aaron. Wish me luck. You really look great.

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

ok, really looking at these before and after pictures made me CRY! You look amazing, i would agree with maryann though, dont get much skinnier! You look so good and I am so proud of you, and jealous! i sure hope I can lose it after this baby:) GOOD JOB! You worked way hard and really deserved to win!

dani said...

It goes to show you how powerful we are!! If we desire something bad enough it can happen. I can't think of any other word but that im so proud of you, i know it sounds lame but you are awesome and don't you look good!!

The Crocketts said...

WOOO! Good for you Leanne! I just started running (for the first time in over 6 years) last week, and you are my inspiration! I hope you had fun shopping! You look GREAT.
Hugs,
Heather

lauraleereber said...

I laughed when I read Steph's comment because I cried too. Yes, we are both pregnant, but I am really proud of you too!! You worked so hard and it just goes to show that anyone can do it. Its just so hard. Good job sister. I love you so much and wish we could be closer!!

Barlow and Lannie said...

Check you out! Wow, you look so great. That took a lot of hard work, nice going.

Lisa said...

I knew you would do it! You're so determined and self-disciplined. Congratulations and thanks for being very inspiring. YAY YOU!

Now I want to hear about your spending spree :)