Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mexican Layers

Ok, I have to write this down before I forget, it was so yummy! I found it on the internet, and it was actually made into a pizza. I just layered it with flour tortillas, and it was really yummy, I might try it on pizza dough though:

Cook about 1/2 pound of chicken, and at the end add a little water, and one pkg of taco seasoning
Layer tortilla's in bottom of 9x13 pan, then top with a layer of refried beans, followed by green enchilada sauce, chicken mixture, and then cheese, layer with another layer of tortilla repeat layers, and then end with tortillas topped with cheese. Bake @350 degrees for 30-40 minutes without cover, and enjoy.
Garnish (my favorite part): tomatoes and cillantro chopped up and put on top after you bake it.

5 comments:

Josh and Michele said...

Okay... you had me at cillantro. I'm cooking it tonight.

Laurie said...

This sounds soo good. Especially with tomatoes and cilantro! Thanks for posting recipes!

Heidi said...

Yeah, that looks delicious! I will try it for sure!

So, I just have to tell you how amazing you look! I am so proud of you and SO happy that you WON!!! My goodness, you are so dedicated and what a great way to finish... with a 1000 bucks to shop for some new clothes since i'm sure none of yours were fitting that tinsy little hot body of yours! Seriously, congratulations on a wonderful goal... wonderfully accomplished!!!!
YAY!!

Josie said...

I say ditto completely with Heidi's post. You look awesome! You had to feel so good winning that contest. I'm so happy for you. Good for you!

The Crocketts said...

Sounds yummy! I need some advice. I started exercising last week. I run Mon., Wed., and Fri., then I do yoga on Tues., and Thurs. I've tried to decrease my caloric intake, but I feel like I'm always hungry, even when I'm eating high fiber foods. I'm still nursing, so could that be part of why I still feel so hungry? Also, what more can I do to jump start my body into losing weight without losing my milk? Sorry it's so long, but I thought you might have some ideas for me. Thanks!
Heather