Tuesday, March 4, 2008

THREE WEEKS LEFT!!

Ok, I haven't posted about our competition for a while, too many other fun things to post about. I was at a Plateu for like three weeks losing only one pound if that a week, and it was frustrating, but all last week Brigham was sick, Lydia was sick, and although I still took them on the stop sign, there were a few days, it was just too cold, so I would try to do something else, or run when John got home or one day I ran before the kids got up(I am not a morning person). So on Monday I was walking the stop sign pushing both Marcus and Lydia, and I was so frustrated, because I had no energy, and it was hard just to walk, I didn't make it as far as I wanted and I was really mad at myself. Today, I decided I better step it up, because there is only three weeks left, and my kids really think I am going to win.; I am a very competitive person, and I start out hard, but I have always struggled with finishing hard and winning, it's like I feel bad for the other competitors or something. In fact tonight we had the Pinewood Derby, and Payton turned to me and told me he felt bad for the losers. But, I have come so far, and my kids keep asking if I am winning the competition, and I want $1000, and it is fun to fit in to my jeans again. So I decided today I was going to make it up to the stop sign. I started out running and feeling good, I was pushing Marcus and Brigham in the stroller, and I had more energy today, so I keep running, I was ready to turn around so many times, but I keep going, and I made it to the top!! If anyone is a fan of the Biggest Loser, you've seen how hard they work, and how hard they are breathing, that is exactly how I was breathing. I knew I needed to shock my body if I was going to get some better results. I came home and weighed myself, and I have lost 28 pounds. This competition has been such an eye opener to me. I have learned a lot about what we can really accomplish if we want to. I can not believe how hard it is to pass up food, or just limit ourselves to one serving, there is nothing easy about it, but when I do, I feel so good. I also always remember what my mom told me, "You know what it takes like, you don't need to taste it again." Some foods are just not worth it. On Sunday, my mom made her killer brownies, and I told myself I could have one serving, and I did, and usually, I would eat more than that for sure, they are KILLER BROWNIES!!! It scares me to finish this competition, because I already have a list of all the foods I want to eat, I just think that because I've worked so hard, I will still be more conscious of what goes in my mouth.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Keep going, keep going! You're doing a great job. I'm very impressed with your stamina and will-power. Keep us updated!

Josh and Michele said...

Congrats! 28 pounds! Thats amazing. I want you to win too. You deserve it. I wish that I lived out there by you guys. I would love to exercise with you guys. I could still loose a few more pounds myself.

dani said...

WoooHoooo! Awesome i know you can do it! i love that you love competing! Darling posts too.

amie said...

Leanne you are inspiring! Watching you and my husband do so well with this weight loss makes me want to jump in! I thought I was ready at the beginning of the contest but couldn't stay motivated enough to work hard and eat better. I am getting there though! Way to go! You look great!

DianeK-Minnesota said...

I'm inspired more by your blog than watching the Biggest Loser because I recognize the Stop Sign and what each trip to it represents and of course because you are a Godly woman, so precious. So you've got someone cheering you on and working towards the same goal(you changed my hair color and style at the Body Shop Spa years ago) Congrats on that ONE brownie...that surely equals the struggle of each incline to the Stop Sign. Oh the beauty on the way up, I really miss it. My son moved to Salt Lake City last November and we will visit him on Easter. Love to you and keep going. WIN

Jessica Call said...

You look so awesome, way to go! It is very hard when you hit a plateau. I'm glad that I read you blog because I have been at a plateau and not wanting to excersice at all for the last 2 wks(I'm sure you have noticed) but I hope by reading thhis it has remotivated me Thanks!