Thursday, March 20, 2008

ONE WEEK LEFT!!

Ok, I am one week away from 12 weeks of competition. http://www.fitnessridge.com/ challenged all their employees and family members to a Biggest Loser competition. Next Wednesday is the weigh in, and the person with the most weight loss percentage will win $1000. Today Laur was in town, and so we all went up to Snow Canyon; Travis, Laur, Caden with his Heeley's, Matthew in a stroller, Sadie in a stroller; Michelle, Cam, Bryson on his scooter, brielle in the stroller, Trey in the stroller, Me, Payton on his Heeley's, Marcus on his Heeley's, Lydia in the stroller, and Brigham in his stroller, the WHOLE gang. We went up the first 3 1/2 miles, stopping to let the kids run some of the trails, and sometimes I would push 3 in a stroller, so I was tired, and weak, I convinced myself that because I haven't been eating as much, my body was too weak to be pushed, and that's exactly how I am in competitions--go hard in the beginning, and getting ahead, and then relaxing, and slowing down towards the end. When we got 3 miles into it, Cam told me I wasn't working hard enough, and I needed to go harder, so he told me to run ahead, and they took my stroller. So I did, I ran, and I kept running up 2 more miles straight up; I had to talk to myself quite a bit to keep running-'keep running', 'don't stop', 'you're almost there', 'just keep your feet moving', 'you want to win!' Well, the talking worked, it was totally mind over body. The body is a powerful thing, and way too many times we baby it, and convince ourselves we're pushing it too hard. Well, if you want your body to start having results, you have to shock it, you have to push it harder than you've ever pushed it, if you think you are working hard, your body can work harder. Now on to the eating---it's Easter weekend, and I think it'll be easier because I am so close, but now it is so important to not eat any empty calories!!!!

4 comments:

claytonandmaryannyates said...

that was a good post. i do that all the time, i think i'm really going to die if i keep going but i think i've put my body through a lot and don't know if it's fully recovered. i know no excuse but it often makes me wonder that i've got a strong body considering:) Great job you look amazing that is a tough feet. you just do it one day at a time and do your very best that you can for one day cause one day seems a lot more doable than 84 days and before you know it you have one day after another day after another.

Laurie said...

Good for you and great that you have a lot of support!!

Anonymous said...

I think you have done great. I heard about a marathon runner who was preparing for the olympics, I think, anyway he is 47 years old and he is in Israel, I think, anyway, he said he has the advantage over the younger ones because he believes it is 80% mind and the rest physical. I think that is true. Good job with the mind!!! Mom

Annalyn said...

Leanne - I was so excited to hear last week on the BL show that their prize was a week in Utah!!! Yes, at 'Fitness Ridge is Sunny St. George' - very exciting!!
You are amazing!